Running python codes from outside the directory when script has filepaths -


so have python script my_script.py inside folder test , outside folder. script requires access input data file my_data.dat stored inside folder test.

now, when try run script outside folder test, using simple python my_script.py, tries locate my_data.dat in folder running script , fails. how can tell use correct path without modifying path in my_script.py?

i don't want modify paths in script because script used generically various paths , whole thing automated later.

you need use absolute file path instead of relative file path.

to absolute path of directory containing python file:

import os root_dir = os.path.dirname(__file__) 

and can absolute path of my_data.dat

data_file_path = os.path.join(root_dir, 'my_data.dat') 

afterward use data_file_path instead of "my_data.dat"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asynchronous - C# WinSCP .NET assembly: How to upload multiple files asynchronously -

aws api gateway - SerializationException in posting new Records via Dynamodb Proxy Service in API -

asp.net - Problems sending emails from forum -